Thursday 5 September 2013

Ink by Amanda Sun

 13423346

Synopsis
On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.


Opinion
After reading the synopsis of this book I had high expectations for this book. But after reading some very mixed reviews of this books I got a bit afraid to read it. I’m glad I did though because I loved this book and it totally fulfilled my expectations.
First of all I loved that the book was set in Japan. A lot of books are set in the US so Japan is nice for a change. And I got to know Japan a little better thanks to Ink. I even learned a few Japanese words (thanks to the glossary at the end of the book). So the setting of this book was definitely a bonus.
The plot of this book was amazing too, ink drawings that come alive will definitely turn your life upside down if you were in Katie’s place. I really liked Katie she doesn’t give up easily, sure it gets her into trouble a lot but she always find a way to find a way out of this trouble. And most important she sees true peoples facades almost always. And Tomohiro was great too, he’s the typical bad boy with a good heart and I’m a sucker for this kind of guys. True there were a lot of clichés in it and at times a bit predictable, but I really enjoyed this book.
The book had also some very impressive drawings in it. Which is quiet logical since it’s a book about drawings but still I loved it. So another bonus for this book!
The only reason I haven’t given this book 5 stars is because it was a little slow paced at times. And I’m definitely going to continue these series.
 
ExtraTitle: Ink
Author: Amanda Sun
Series: Paper Gods
Publisher: Herlequin Teen
Publication date: June 25th 2013
Pages: 326 (Paperback)
Other books:
  • Shadows (Paper Gods #0.5)
  • Rain (Paper Gods #2) (Publication date: March 25th 2014)

El


2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about reading this one for a while now! Glad to hear you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give this one a try. It's very original!


      Thanks for stopping by Jenna!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!