Wednesday 5 March 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #41: Rain (Paper Gods #2) by Amanda Sun



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights books that have not yet been released, but ones that you should pre-order today! This week's book that I am anxiously awaiting is:

Rain 
by Amanda Sun 

18134013

American Katie Green has decided to stay in Japan. She's started to build a life in the city of Shizuoka, and she can't imagine leaving behind her frineds, her aunt and especially Tomohiro, the guy she's fallen in love with. But her return is not as simple as she thought. She's flunking out of Japanese school and committing cultural faux pas wherever she goes. Tomohiro is also struggling - as a Kami, his connection to the ancient gods of Japan and his power to bring drawings to life have begun to spiral out of control. 

When Tome decides to stop drawing, the ink finds other ways to seep into his life - blackouts, threatening messages and the appearance of unexplained sketches. Unsure how to help Tomo, Katie turns to an unexpected source of hel - Jun, her former frined and a Kami with an agenda of his own. But is Jun really the ally he claims to be? In order to save themselves, Katie and Tomohiro must unravel the truth about Tomo's dark ancestry, as well as Katie's, and confront one of the darkest gods in Japanese legend. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why I can't wait: I love the first book in this series Ink and I can't wait to see what will happen next to Tomo and Katie. Also I love that this book is set in Japan, I don't know that much about it so this way I can learn a bit about it. And it's a nice change of scenery since most books I read take place in the US. 

Expected publication: June 24th 2014

What are you waiting for this week? Let me know!  

El

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I've been waiting on" Rain" since the moment I finished "Ink"! I first read "Shadow" , and immediately bought Ink. I plan on reading it again right before Rain comes out for double the reading pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ink was so good after I finished it I imediately added Rain to my reading list. But it's still such a long time till it gets released. Hopefully I can get an ARC for it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've not read this series, but the first book caught my eye when it first released :) I hope you get your hands on it and this cover is amazing!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get an ARC for it the publication date is still so far away :( And the covers of these series are amazing and the good thing is that in the books there are also some amazing drawings!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!