Monday 16 June 2014

Review: Fighting for Infinity (The Kindrily #3) by Karen Amanda Hooper

17932303Title: Fighting for Infinity
Author: Karen Amanda Hooper
Series: The Kindrily
Publisher: Starry Sky Publishing
Publishing date: April 30th 2014
Pages: 350 (paperback)








Every moment, every lifetime, every decision - including her choice to erase - has led Maryah to this. 

Two outcomes are possible: an infinite happy-ever-after with her kindrily or the final severing of her relationship with Nathan. 

Closer to the enemy than ever before, Maryah unravels the diabolical plan that Dedrick has been manipulating into place for centuries. Revelations, secrets, and lies surface faster than Maryah can process. She doesn't know who to trust, what to believe, or how to save her loved ones from the desolate future Dedrick is so close to executing.

Guided by an enigmatic raven-haired prisoner, Maryah fights body and soul to save Nathan, her kindrily, and countless others. But is her love strong enough to alter a prophecy written in the stars? 





I read the first book in the Kindrily series just because the cover caught my attention on Netgalley. But boy am I glad that it did! This series was just amazing, it blew my mind away. I still don’t understand why not more people know about this series. So please people go out and buy these books, I promise they won’t disappoint you!

For almost a year I have been waiting for this book to come out. Even though I didn’t want this series to end I was dying to know how this series would end.

One of the things I loved about these books was that they weren’t gaps between the books. The next book just picked up where the other ended. This way we didn’t have to guess what happened in the time between. It was nice for a change to read a series like that.

Karen has the ability to make every book different. In the first it was about Maryah finding out she was a Kindrily and accepting her life as one of them. The second did focus a bit more on the romance part. And this third book, well so much did happen. The characters grow in many ways. Maryah grew a lot more confident than she was when we first met her and the developments in this book were just amazing.  So many secrets were revealed, all the questions you might have had throughout the series were answered. And there were still enough surprises and turns and twist to keep the series a real page turner.  

Another great thing about this series: we get to meet Rina and at the beginning I didn’t know what to think of her. Was she a friend? An enemy? She sends some very mixed signals and it was a bit unclear to me… but it took me definitely a while to figure out who she really was. Boy I could have never seen that coming at the beginning of the book. Rina played a very important role in this book. She affected outcomes of some major events. I’m definitely glad that Karen invented her as a character and made her as important as she was for this book (I am secretly hoping that Karen will write a spin-off series around her).  And the other important character in this book, next to the Kindrily was Dedrick. Yes he has been important since book one, but know we got to see more about him. And we finally got to know his complete background story. I loved how the author waited to reveal all his secrets till the end. Even while reading Fighting for Infinity you didn’t know what was true or what not. Dedrick really made you question everything you thought was true. In some way this guy was really brilliant!


I cannot express enough how much I loved this series! I will probably keep in mind for a long time to come and I will reread it more than once. I am a little sad that the series ended, so please Karen write a spin-off series or a short novel (the honeymoon you hinted at?). So guys if you haven’t read this series yet, please read it. I cannot wait to read other books by Karen. 

*Note I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review*

El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!