Thursday 17 July 2014

Character Interview: The Donor (Part 1) by Nikki Rae

Jonah: Why did you chose to contact Casey on MyTrueMatch from all the available girls?
I liked her. It seems like a simple answer, but when you have a lot of girls swarming around on a website, it's hard to set one apart from the other. Casey seemed different. Innocent.

Casey: You didn't know Jonah at all, you still don't know him very well. Like you said he could be a twelve-year old or a nine-year old for all you know, still you decided to trust him. Why?
Jonah is...Jonah. I got a few hits on my profile from some creepers. Like, serial killer material. Every time I talked to Jonah, I felt at ease, like I wasn't so alone. As long as I was moving my fingers against the keyboard, I had someone to talk to. Someone who didn't know me enough to tell me what they thought was good for me, and someone who knew me just enough to take care of me and make sure this was what I really wanted to do.

Jonah: It's obvious that you are rich. Still you live in a regular house, why is that?
I don't like it when people have money and they're obvious about it. I didn't always have money. Growing up, we were quite poor actually. So I'm grateful for what I have and try not be excessive. To me, there isn't really a point in that other than to show off and I'm not really interested in that.

Casey: Why did you decide not to tell your parents or anyone else what is going on in your life? Don't you think they deserve to know the truth?
It's.. a tough question to answer. I love my parents and I'd never want to hurt them. Either way, I'm hurting them, leaving a mark on their lives they'll never be able to recover from. I think this decision is the one that leaves a smaller mark, one that will never really go away, but one that may be able to fade eventually.

Jonah: Casey lied to you still you decided to help her out. Why is that?
I know what it's like to feel helpless. I admire Casey for trying to do her best she can with what she has. If I were in the same situation, it's hard to say what I would do. I'm happy she chose me. I'm happy I can be there for her and make her feel less helpless.

Casey: Your parents think that you are checking out schools. But if you decide to stay away long will they not think that something is going on?
I did. They probably will. I haven't thought that far ahead yet. I expected to only be here for a short amount of time so that's the story I gave them. If I should stay longer, I'll have to think of something so they don't worry.

Jonah: You got a tank with seahorses in your living room. Is there a reason you picked seahorses and not a regular exotic fish?
Seahorses are a challenge. It's hard to keep them alive for most. I wanted to prove that I could do it for some reason.

Casey: You took a plane for the first time in your life, how was it?
Scary. And AMAZING. I loved flying at first. I loved how technology could be so advanced that a ton of people could be crammed into a hunk of metal and float above the earth in order to get from point A to point B. Then a few hours passed and there were screaming toddlers and angry adults so I just wanted to get off the plane after a while.

Thank you so much guys!

El 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!