Monday 22 September 2014

Review: The Donor (The Donor #2) by Nikki Rae

22662622Title: The Donor
Author: Nikki Rae
Series: The Donor
Genre: fantasy, NA
Publication date: August 22nd 2014
Source: received from author








When Casey joined MYTrueMatch.com, she never imagined she would meet a man who not only helps her pay the bills, but has been nothing but a gentleman.

As the nose bleeds make way for worse sysmptoms, Casey can't help the feelings she has for Jonah, despite how he may never return them. And he's been keeping things from her. Bit things. How does he make his money, and who is that girl in the picture?
With the clock ticking, can she find the answers she's looking for?


After I finished the first part of The Donor I couldn’t wait to read the next part. Casey and Jonah were such interesting characters and I liked them both from the moment I met them. Part one left me with so many questions and I am glad that part two answered most of my questions. But of course part two had some questions of its own so I can’t wait to read the third part.

Part two shows Casey struggling with her feelings for Jonah and her symptoms that are getting worse every day. Still Casey decides to stay with Jonah for a longer period and keep her parents in the dark. What they don’t know won’t hurt them, right? Jonah can offer her everything she wants, money, comfort and friendship. Still he’s a mysterious guy, he’s keeping things from her but at the same time she feels really safe when she’s with him.

I love how mysterious this book is and how all the answers to my questions are slowly revealed. I remember that had a question in my character interview about the seahorses, so I was thrilled when I found out the story about Jonah’s obsession with seahorses. We get to know Casey a lot better, we get a lot of glimpses from her past but Jonah is still a closed book. So I can’t wait to read the next part, because I really hope that he will finally let all his walls down.


This story grabbed my attention right from the very first page, just like the previous part. It’s really amazing how Nikki can drag you into the story just in a couple of pages. I’m really excited to read the next part!


El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!