Monday 15 September 2014

Review: Falling for Leigh by Jennifer Snow

22833223Title: Falling for Leigh
Author: Jennifer Snow
Genre: Romance, Adult
Publisher: Harlequin (Heartwarming) 
Publication date: September 1st 2014
Pages: 368 (ebook)
Source: received from publisher






Can she be his cure for writer's block?

For New York novelist Logan Walters, falling for the girl next door was more than a cliche. It was a calamity! If Leigh Norris hadn't been so attractive, and hadn't been hammering relentlessly while he was trying to write, Logan would never have ascended her rickety ladder in a misguided mix of gallantry and frustration. And he wouldn't have a broken wrist - or a guilty new assistant who can't type. Clearly, his escape to the Brookhollow B&B was not going to be quiet, idyllic retreat he needed to finish his overdue manuscript. But it was fast becoming much more interesting than expected...




I’ve read What A Girl Wants in the Brookhollow series and I immensely enjoyed it. And again Jennifer Snow managed to write a wonderful story. All the people that live in Brookhollow are so easily to love, I would want to befriend all of them.

The first time we get to meet Logan Walters, he doesn’t seem like a guy anybody would like. He’s grumpy and annoyed by the smallest things. But when you get to know his situation and his background you can’t do anything else than feel sympathy for him. After he is forced to ask help from Leigh in order to finish his book we finally get to know the real him. And I can say that I liked what I saw.

Leigh is a divorced woman with a big wish for a child. She owns a daycare out of her house, to the annoyance of Logan, since his room is located next to it. Leigh is a great woman, she’s strong, independent and she goes after what she wants. She has had a hard couple of years and even when I don’t know how it must feel Jennifer made the story so real that you could feel her pain.

The encounters between Logan and Leigh were perfect. They were spread throughout the story. And I kept eagerly turning the pages to find out what there next encounter would be. It was lovely to see how their feelings for each other changed and evolved.

I really like the small town feeling of the book. Everyone might know everything about everyone and nothing can be kept a secret but at the same time it feels like you have one big family. So I can completely understand why Logan felt so at home in Brookhollow.

I can't wait to meet more people of Brookhollow. And hopefully I will catch a glimpse of Logan and Leigh in the following books.


El



1 comment:

  1. hard to believe I am very happy to be joined commented here, it makes an experience for me si iom

    cara menaikan trombosit pada penderita dbd

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!