Monday 3 November 2014

Review: Fired by Her Fling by Christy McKellen

23156812Title: Fired by Her Fling
Author: Christy McKellen
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Adult
Publisher: Harlequin (Kiss)
Publication date: November 1st 2014
Pages: 315 (paperback)
Source: Received from author







"You're fired."

Not what radio DJ Tallulah Lazenby expects to hear from the sex god she was in bed with just hours earlier! Who turns out to be her new boss. Total. Nightmare.

Executive Tristan Bamfield's reasons for being in London are strictly professional...until he manages to sleep with the woman he was supposed to be firing! And when Tristan has to take charge and get Lula back on air, what was supposed to be one night becomes weeks of tantalizing torture! Because back in the studio those red-hot memories are making Lula a major distraction... and "business as usual" is much easier said than done...




No one ever likes to hear the words “You’re fired”. But these are the words that DJ Tallulah Lazenby hears. Lula’s live has been rough lately. A mistake she’s made keeps haunting her and put everything she’s worked hard for in jeopardy. She tries to get her life back on track but it’s harder than she expected. Especially since she slept unknowingly with her boss, Tristan.  

Fired by Her Fling is a light romantic read and I enjoyed every moment of it. The characters were well formed with a realistic back story. Both Tristan and Lula are very likeable characters. They are both easy to relate to, they are hardworking and down to earth.  I could especially relate to Lula, like her I’m an introvert person. So I could completely understand her struggles. Both of them were portrayed realistically, they weren’t flawless. Tristan had some serious commitment issues thanks to his father who has had more wives than you can count on one hand. Lula’s upbringing wasn’t easy either. Her parents got divorced and she was stuck right in the middle of it. I enjoyed that we could see their journey to come to terms with their flaws and see them deal with them and make the best of it.

I really enjoyed the author’s writing style. The story had a nice flow and she knew how to describe the sexual tension that hung between Lula and Tristan. I could feel all the incredible emotions and all the heartbreaking moments, like I was experiencing it myself. The only negative thing about this book was that it was too short. I felt like there story was cut short and I wouldn’t have minded if it was longer.


I would recommend this book to anyone whose looking for a quick, light romance story with a lot of passion and raw emotions. This book won’t let you down! I can’t wait to read more books of this author. 


el


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!