Monday 13 April 2015

Band of the Month April: The Civil Wars



Music has always been a huge part of my life. I love going to music concerts and to music festivals. My iPod is next to my ereader my best friend. I never go anywhere without my music. So I figured that it was about time that I introduced some music in my blog. From now on I will feature one of my favorite bands each month. Maybe you know them, maybe you don’t. Maybe you’ll like them, maybe you’ll hate them. But anyway I think that this is going to be lots of fun!


The Civil Wars was a folk duo from Tennessee, formed of Joy Williams and John Paul White. They formed a band after meeting each other at a songwriting workshop in Nashville. They have two studio albums Barton Hallow and The Civil Wars. Their songs gave them several awards, including four Grammy Awards. What I loved the most about them was how the voices fitted together so perfectly, it was like they were made for each other. And the lyric of there songs held so much meaning. Sadly enough the duo broke up last year, but they are still continuing as solo artists. 
You can find them on their websiteFacebook and Twitter





Now it’s your turn, listen to their songs and let me know what you think of them!


El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!