Wednesday 4 November 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #109: Forbidden by Eve Bunting


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights books that have not yet been released, but ones that you should pre-order today! This week's book that I am anxiously awaiting is:

Forbidden
by Eve Bunting

23719387

In early-nineteenth century Scotland, sixteen-year-old Josie, and orphan, is sent to live with an aunt and uncle on the rocky, stormy northwest coast. Everything and everyone in her new surrounding, including her relatives, is sinister, threatening, and mysterious. She's told that Eli, the young man she's attracted to, is forbidden to her, but not why. Spirited, curious, and determined, Josie sets out to learn the village's secrets and discovers evil, fueled by heartless greed, as well as a ghostly presence eager for revenge. An author's not gives the historical inspiration for this story.

Goodreads

Why I can't Wait

To begin with I love books that are set in the past, especially in the 1800's. And I just love Scotland. This book also sounds intriguing and I can't wait to find out what kind of evil lurks in this town. 

Publication date: December 1st 2015

Elien 

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love how the heroine is stubborn. Instead of just following her relatives, she wants to find out the reason why first.
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems to have a gothic flair to it so I may have to check it out. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually read this one already! It was interesting - also very short. My review is posted on my blog, if you're interested. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!