Monday 4 January 2016

Review: Unlocking Her Boss's Heart by Christy McKellen

25897352Title: Unlocking Her Boss's Heart
Author: Christy McKellen
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Adult
Publisher: Harlequin 
Publication date: January 5th 2015
Pages: 256 (paperback)
Source: received from author (Thank you so much!!)







More than just a job!

Cara Winstone is determined to bounce back from her last - disastrous - PA job, and working for Max Firebrace is exactly how she's going to do it. Little does Cara know that walking into her brooding boss's luxurious London town house also has her walking into his past. 

Since losing his wife, Max doesn't think he has any love left to give. But something in the warmth of Cara's smile jump-starts Max's heart again, making him wonder if he's ready for a new happy-ever-after; with Cara by his side.


Christy McKellen is a wonderful adult romance writer. This is the third book that I have read by her and her books never disappoint me.

Unlocking Her Boss’s Heart might sound a bit cliché, an ordinary girl falls in love with her brooding boss, but this one is delivered nicely. Besides it was well written. Christy has an writing style that sucks you into the story. It is simplistic and easy and that is exactly what I want on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I really liked the characters that the author has created in this novel. Max initially did not come across as the most fuzzy person. He was rather cold and harsh at first but as the story went on he actually started to grow on me. Throughout the book he showed why he was so cold, he had lost a lot in the past year or so. So it was quiet understandable why he was so closed off towards others, especially towards people who he had never met before. Cara was a really nice girl, she was likeable and I liked the way she handled Max. A lot of people wouldn’t have put up with his temper but she did and she handled it with class. Like Max she had also gone through a lot in the past couple of months, which had changed her. So they both had some baggage with them when they first met each other. But I believe that people who have baggage themselves are the best to help you out. And Max and Cara proved that to me.

Another aspect that I liked about this book was that it is set in London. London has been my home now for the last couple of months and it is always great to read about places that you know. And I could relate to Cara when it came to find affordable/decent housing in the city. It can be a real nightmare!


Unlocking Her Boss’s Heart was a short and quick read. It made me feel the connection and chemistry between the characters, so Christy McKellen has accomplished her mission. I would recommend it to everyone who is looking for a sweet, clean, romance story. Personally I cannot wait till Christy McKellen publishes a new story!


Elien

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!