Wednesday 16 March 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #121: Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights books that have not yet been released, but ones that you should pre-order today! This week's book that I am anxiously awaiting is:

Heir to the Sky
by Amanda Sun

25502639

As heir to a kingdom of floating continents, Kali has spent her life bound by limits - by her duties as a member of the royal family; by a forced betrothal to the son of a nobleman; and by the edge of the only world she's ever known - a small island hovering above a monster-ridden earth, long since uninhabited by humans. She is the Eternal Flame of Hope for what's left of mankind, the wick and the wax burning in service for her people, and for their revered Phoenix, whose magic keeps them aloft. 

When Kali falls off the edge of her kingdom and miraculously survives, she is shocked to discover there are still humans on the earth. Determined to get home, Kali entrusts a rugged monster-hunter named Griffin to guide her across a world overrun by chimera, storm dragons, basilisks, and other terrifying beasts. But the more time she spends on earth, the more dark truths she begins to uncover about her home in the sky, and the more resolute she is to start burning for herself. 

Goodreads

Why I Can't Wait


I read Amanda's Paper Gods series and I loved it so I cannot wait to find out what she will do with this book. Besides the synopsis sounds pretty promising. A kingdom in the sky? That's just amazing!

Publication date: April 26th 2016

Elien





2 comments:

  1. Woah. This is one I have to check out after reading the blurb. Maybe I should even check out her other series! Love the cover.

    Feel free to check out my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we will both enjoy this one!
      Thanks for stopping by Alexis!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!